First Time Config¶
After the first time setup, it is time to make your first time configuration.
While installation/setup is similar for all hardware, the complete configuration is largely dependent on what kind of (domotica) Devices/Interfaces/setup you have. This chapter handles generic configuration settings.
Astro and Location¶
This configuration window that you can find under Setup -> Astro and Location is used to configure the time-zone and other date/time settings and localization settings like currency and temperature:
- The Latitude/Longitude set the location of your system.
- This information is used to determine the time zone and sun set/sun rise. Further it is used for the Bwired module and in the P2000 module to calculate the distance from your home.
- You can press the "Search Latitude Longitude" button and key in the place where you live followed by a "Search" to get the value for the town you live
- You can get a more accurate values using things like Google maps, Viking or a GPS.
- If the Latitude/Longitude is set correctly, you probably can leave the Timezone to Automatic, but if needed you can select it yourself.
- Daylight Saving is disabled if you set the Timezone to Automatic as this will be done automatic; otherwise select here if you want to apply daylight saving.
- Seasons specifies the name of the seasons
- Seasons starts specifies the dat of the month where the season stats
- Twilight specifies how twilight (Dutch: Schemer) is calculated based on Latitude/Longitude. For the three different options, see Wikipedia Definitions.
- For Currency you can select Euro and Dollar; used in Barcode support.
- For Temperature you can select degrees centigrade and Fahrenheit.
DomotiGa calculates the sun rise and sun set times based on the Latitude/Longitude.
You can check the log to see what sunset and rise times it did calculate:
2013/02/11 00:00:00 Latitude: 52.8167 Longitude: -5.7667 Timezone: 1 2013/02/11 00:00:00 Sunrise at 08:50, Sunset at 18:25 2013/02/11 00:00:00 Twilight Sunrise at 08:14, Twilight Sunset at 19:01 civil 2013/02/11 00:00:00 Moon phase is New. 2013/02/11 00:00:00 Moon is in Aquarius. 2013/02/11 00:00:00 Age from new 0 days. 2013/02/11 00:00:00 Distance 58.82 Earth radii. 2013/02/11 00:00:00 Ecliptic latitude: 5 degrees. 2013/02/11 00:00:00 Ecliptic longitude: 337.99 degrees. 2013/02/11 00:00:00 Season is winter.
See Events on how to create events with this information.
Network Ping is a simple module that pings other devices. You do not need actual (domotica) devices for it so it is a good way to create you first own device.
Create one "ping device", see Network Ping for details.
Server Stats is a great way to check if graphing and other things are correctly set up an work.
Set up Server Stats and be sure that the RRDTool graphing is working, you should see the graphs on the System Stats page (right menu: System, Statistics) and the Overview, 2h, 1d, 2d, 1w etc. buttons should refresh the data.